Translate

Monday, August 13, 2012

The Boy I met this Summer


       I met a boy this summer. When I first heard of him, I never thought I'd even meet him or anything would ever happen. I was with my friend and we were on Facebook checking her friends out. Apparently I happened to think one of her best friends is hot and so she posted on his wall telling him about me and what I said. Somehow we ended up conversing with each other through text and that's when things started going crazy. We would talk to each other for hours. We'd text every single day. I'd be the first one he texted evey day and same with me. We were basically a couple without the official title and we hung out a few times. He even accidentally called himself my boyfriend. After awhile, there were a few things we went through and there was a distance that grew between me and him. I sorta grew to have a crush on his friend and my feelings sorta just drifted.

     Then we have a mutual friend and I told her something between us and I didn't tell him first and that was my second time doing that but she was a bit upset that he hadn't told her because they were both close. He overreacted and we didn't contact each other for a few days although I did apologize. He overreacted and accused me of breaking his friendship with a friend of ours. At the same time, he said some pretty hurtful things about me to our friend while he got mad at me to her. In addition, he claimed I broke his trust. I honestly don't think I did all that. He really just overreacted.

      In the end, I apologized again but broke off contact with him. I'll admit that my feelings for him are that more than just a normal friend but I can't be with him and in a way, I don't want to be with him. He's special and I'm not sure why but he sorta nudged his way into this small space of my heart. I liked knowing him but I'm not sure I can handle any more attachment like this. Whenever I attach myself to someone who's special to me in a way, they leave or they have the ability to hurt me. Sometimes they do that without meaning to but the pain still sucks. So I said alvida. I said Good Bye to the Boy I met this summer.
      

1 comment: