Translate

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Extreme Nationalism and It's Faults

   

Yes, I know. I usually write about something more personal in my blogs but I like writing about issues in the world that are out there and things many people don't think about. Today's its nationalism. Today or tomorrow, happens to be the Independence day of India and Pakistan. Two countries that have known to be enemies throughout their history.

    Many times I feel like enmity between nations and countries is due to pride and ignorance. For example, that shooting that took place in the Milwaukee Sikh Temple was due to the total ignorance of the perpetrator. The man who committed this act of hatred was full of ignorance. Due to ignorance he made assumptions on an ethnic group which was really idiotic. It's impossible to judge a group of people because each and every person is different.

    Many times, nationalism(at its extreme) blinds people in properly seeing things in a logical sense. For many years, there had been a certain enmity between India and Pakistan because of a piece of land known as Kashmir. Same with many middle eastern countries. I guess its cliche to ask but why can't people think of sharing? Maybe that doesn't make sense culturally but there needs to be a sense of respect for other cultures. Extreme nationalists provoke fights and violence. All this violence and death is senseless and full of ignorance.

Im not sure this blog made sense but I just wanted to share my thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment