Translate

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lack of Communication

     

       Last night, I had an amazing conversation with a friend of mine. We were talking about the changes in people we truly thought we knew. It was an interesting conversation and its something that's been occurring to me lately. I've been getting to know people in a way that I didn't know them before.

      My latest situation: I thought I knew someone and had this picture of them in my head but when things changed and all these situations popped up, I saw someone I didn't even know.

       Was it my fault? Maybe there wasn't enough communication and I didn't properly convey my feelings and thoughts to this person. Maybe I should have been more clear about things. Maybe I should have done things differently.

   But at the same time, is all that time and effort even worth it? Do I even matter? I kept hearing different things.

     Another situation: I have a friend who's very special to me. But lately, things have been distance between us because I feel like he needs that. I want him to talk to me when he's ready.

The point, all these types of things happen because there's lack of communication and the fear of being judged. I feel like honesty is the really the way to go in these types of things. People just need to be open about how they feel and clear about things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment