Translate

Thursday, September 20, 2012

It's Our Time

       Most people my age(19) are like me. They tend to not really care about other things in the world. One of those important things are politics and different situations around the world. While I'm at work, I tend to have some time on my hands and I've been getting a bit more interested in world affairs. As we grow up, it's really hitting me that we're the future of this world.
      One thing that really got me is how unrealistic it seems sometimes because all these countries and nations in the Middle East are struggling. Their governments are so unstable and there's so much corruption and violence. For example, Libya is going through quite the rough time. Here's a headline from an online news website:



And then there are all these protests and things going on in Japan and China regarding the few islands that Japan claimed as their territory. 

The point is that all these things are going on around the world. And sometimes it just really surreal. We're living here in the States, enjoying the freedom to vote, to freely express ourselves, to be ourselves, with a type of safety many countries don't have. 

It's time to realize that we're becoming adults and that we can make a difference with our thoughts and opinions. People my age tend to not vote or care about matters like these but they don't realize how blessed we are. We got where we are right now because of our founding fathers and now its time to make a difference in the world. It's our time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment