Translate

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sing from the Soul



For the first time after a long time, I felt like I was receiving some really good advice from my dad. 

   The other day, I was at a small gathering. I was asked to lead in the singing of our prayers and so I did. I had fun because(as most people know) I love singing. But it wasn't like the usual and it just so happens that my dad noticed. That night he told me. "You sang well today and everyone loved it. But there was something missing. You weren't putting your soul into this. You should be singing with gratitude and delight that the Lord has given you this gift. Your singing, I wasn't from your soul" 
   

 It really struck my heart and it made want to sing with my soul every time I sing. 
   

 For me, singing is more important than seeing and it's as important as breathing. I sing when I'm happy, sad, angry, or anything else I'm feeling. Many people don't find this kind of a love in their lives and I'm very fortunate to have found mine. I sing even when I have sore throat or even when I'm in pain! 
  If I take this love for granted, it won't be a love anymore. That's just how it works and I'm glad my dad helped me learn that. 

1 comment:

  1. I think that goes to everything, to put your soul into what you love doing. If I love dancing, I should dance with my soul (if that makes any sense lol)...

    ReplyDelete