Translate

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pride Vs. Friendship

This question has been boggling me the whole day. Seriously. I can't stop thinking about a certain bet I've made with a certain friend in my life. I don't really understand why we made this bet. I was hoping that this person would think that the bet is stupid when I brought it up and would tell me that there's no way they plan on keeping this challenge. It made me realize that this person has a lot of pride. It makes me wonder, does he want us to slowly grow apart? And I want to break this bet but first I want to see if this person dares to put this bet first instead of wishing me a happy birthday. And I realize, I may also be acting like this person being too proud to lose the bet. But it makes me wonder if this friendship is even worth it. After falling in love with the wrong person this year and experiencing a friendship where I've been treated like crap, I'm not sure I want a friendship where I may get hurt. Because when people leave, it hurts. It really leaves a mark. 

5 comments:

  1. I don't think they would be called a friend, if they value pride over friendship. I mean knowing who you are, if that person chose pride over you, I would be really sad for that person. Cause right there, they lost the most incredible friend ever. I am not just saying cause you are my friend, but after getting to know you how can anyone NOT talk to you? lol ... Loving a wrong person, wow, maybe I am in that category, but how do you really know if they are the wrong ones if you really love them? I mean you get hurt no matter which relationship you are in, it could be a friendship or brother and sister. IF it's a friendship relationship and the friend hurts you, you wouldn't call the friend "BAD", maybe at that moment, but when you patch things up, you are friends again. Then why is a relationship called BAD when someone hurts you. I really don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what a bad relationship is when theres a consistency in how much you get hurt. Bad moments occur but in good relationships, we learn from them. In bad relationships, we dont learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. but we do learn from them, we learn that "that it was a bad relationship", how do we know it was bad, if we didn't learn it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know it was bad if you keep getting hurt. Learning is sorta hard to define. It doesn't necessarily mean that you change your habits. We learn all types of things in school. Like how to speak proper english and whats good for the body nutritionally and stuff but we don't always change our habits after learning.

    and we learn from the bad moments that it was improper to behave in such a way. Not necessarily that the relationship was bad. The relationship was bad if one the persons in that rship dont stop hurting the person emotionally.

    ReplyDelete