Translate

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Biased Truths? What an idea.

    It was just the other day when my brother was asking my mother to look over a research paper he'd written. For his school assignment, he was required to have parents look over the paper in order to kind of certify the content? He'd written his paper on the necessity of investment in education for countries like India. He argued that in order to help the country step out of poverty, it was necessary for the government to invest in programs that helped children access easier and better education.
    Funny question and concern my mother had about this. She asked me, 'he's not writing anything bad about India is he?

My concern was, what if he did critique India? Yes it is one thing to have a spirit of nationalism however, the world must know the truths.

A mother cannot protect her son if he is a criminal. A friend cannot cover his friend if they committed violence. A government cannot be forgiven for its corruption. People cannot on any circumstance be forgiven for acts of cruelty.


My mom meant to say that if my brother wrote bad things happening in our country of origin, he shouldn't because its shameful. I completely disagree because every country has their goods and bad. My brother, as a researcher, shouldn't be biased in his findings.

The truth is the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment